Saturday, June 30, 2012

The Director's Cut by Janice Thompson (Review)






The one thing she can't direct is her heart.

Tia Morales is used to calling the shots. She's the director of the popular sitcom Stars Collide, and her life on the set is calculated and orderly. Well, most of the time. Life outside the studio is another matter. If only she could get other people to behave as well as her stars do! When she starts to have feelings for handsome cameraman Jason Harris--with whom she's been butting heads for months--it's enough to send a girl over the edge. Will she ever learn to let go and take life--and love--as it comes?

Full of the humor and crazy family dynamics Janice Thompson fans have come to love, this colorful story gives you an inside look at Hollywood and a healthy dose of romance. If you want more of Bella, DJ, Brock Benson, and other favorite characters from Janice Thompson, you'll love the Backstage Pass series.


My Review:
This is the third book in the backstage pass series. Several characters from the previous books make an appearance in this one so it is nice to catch up with them but this book can be read alone too. All of the stories are engaging and funny. I espically like the main character in this one, Tia. I can identify with her control/OCD tendacies. lol I love the romance between her and Jason. I am sorry to see this series end. I throughly enjoyed reading each one. Recommended. :)



A special message from the author:
A very special "Hello!" from author Janice Thompson. I'm excited about The Director's Cut because I lived and worked in the Los Angeles area years ago and enjoy reminiscing about my experiences while there. (Yep. I was involved in the movie business back then!) Writing this story gave me the opportunity to share my experiences as a director. No, I don't direct a Hollywood sitcom. I wear my director's hat at a Houston-area Christian theater, where my cast members know me as "Ms. Janice." One of them, an actress/co-director named Erin, served as inspiration for a character in The Director's Cut. I'm excited about this book, in part, because the story gave me the opportunity to re-introduce Brock Benson, a character from the "Weddings by Bella" series. What fun, to add him to the Stars Collide cast! I'm also tickled because this story ties the whole "Backstage Pass" series to my (previously published) "Weddings by Bella" series and permanently links the two. Look for more to come, readers! The characters you've grown to love live on in an upcoming series. I can't wait!


Thank you Donna at Revell/Baker books for my review copy.

“Available June  2012 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.”

  • Paperback: 296 pages

  • Publisher: Revell (June 1, 2012)

  • ISBN-13: 978-0800733476
  • No comments:

    Classics Club Spin 18

    My Classics Club Spin List for August This is a hodgepodge of books left on my list I made in 2017 for the Classics Club. Tomorrow the clu...