Thursday, July 28, 2011

Perfectly Invisible by Kristin Billerbeck (Review)



  • Reading level: Young Adult



  • Paperback: 267 pages



  • Publisher: Revell (July 1, 2011)



  • ISBN-13: 978-0800719739


  • From the Back Cover

    Life after high school is so close . . . and yet so very far away.
    It's Daisy Crispin's final semester of high school, and she plans to make it count. Her long-awaited freedom is mere months away, and her big plans for college loom in the future. Everything is under control.

    Or is it?

    Her boyfriend is treating her like she's invisible, and her best friend is making her sell bad costume jewelry in the school quad--and hanging out with her boyfriend. To top it off, Daisy's major humiliation of the year will be remembered in the yearbook for all eternity. It's enough to make her wonder if maybe being invisible isn't so bad after all.

    Can Daisy get her life back on track? Or is she stuck in this town forever?

    My Review:
     I did not enjoy this book as much as the first one in the series. I thought it was an okay Christian YA book. Somehow I ended up getting annoyed with the characters especially Daisy. This is the second book in the Universally Misunderstood series and I recommend reading them in order. I thought the title fit the book. The faith element is very light so mainstream readers might like them too. My favorite series by this author will probably always be the Ashley Stockingdale series. :)
    Kristin Billerbeck is the bestselling, award-winning author of several novels, including What a Girl Wants and Perfectly Dateless. She lives with her family in northern California.
    “Available July 2011 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.”

    Thank you Donna at Revell for my review copy.

    No comments:

    Classics Club Spin 18

    My Classics Club Spin List for August This is a hodgepodge of books left on my list I made in 2017 for the Classics Club. Tomorrow the clu...