Monday, June 20, 2011

Chasing Sunsets by Eva Marie Everson (Review)


Paperback: 373 pages
Publisher: Revell (June 1, 2011)
ISBN-13: 978-0800734367
Sometimes you get a second chance at your first love
Kimberly Tucker's life hasn't turned out the way she thought it would. While her ex is living it up, she struggles to understand what went wrong. When her two sons end up spending five weeks of summer vacation with their father, Kim plans a respite at the family vacation home on tiny Cedar Key. As she revisits the long-forgotten past, she discovers that treasures in life are often buried, and sometimes you do get a second chance at love.

Let yourself get swept away to an island retreat of warm tropical breezes, sandy beaches, and the most glorious sunsets you can imagine.

My Review:


Overall I enjoyed reading this Contemporary Christian fiction book. I could feel the beach atmosphere through the author's language. This author has a wonderful way with words.  I felt for Kimberly and her two boys. Divorce is horrible even when it is for a good reason. I have never been married but my parents are divorced. I loved Patsy her neighbor at the beach and can't wait to read her story next. The only thing I did not like about the book was the ending. It felt abrupt and not fully developed. I am happy this is the first book in a series set in Cedar Key. Recommended.


“Available June 2011 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.”

Thank you Donna at Revell for my review copy.

No comments:

Classics Club Spin 18

My Classics Club Spin List for August This is a hodgepodge of books left on my list I made in 2017 for the Classics Club. Tomorrow the clu...