Saturday, February 12, 2011

Love Letter to Michael Pollan

Dear Michael

You do not know me but I love your books. They are making me think about food or what I used to think was food seriously for the first time in my life. I live in one of the most unhealthy states in America. Diabetes and obesity are two of our biggest problems. I am not obese yet, thankfully. I was on my way until last summer when something clicked and I started exercising. I did not change what I was eating that much just watched my calories. I have coworkers who are an inspiration to me in this area and I started changing what I eat too. Then I read Food Rules and In Defense of Food. I am currently reading The Omnivore's Dilemma. While it is so hard to follow your rules I am at least glad I know what they are now. I still crave and binge on junk food but I don't eat it as much. lol  :)

Thank you

Brittanie

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Congratulations from Hands and Home! I have chosen you for the One Lovely Blog Award http://handsandhome.blogspot.com/2011/02/one-lovely-blog-award.html

Classics Club Spin 18

My Classics Club Spin List for August This is a hodgepodge of books left on my list I made in 2017 for the Classics Club. Tomorrow the clu...