Sunday, January 30, 2011

Stars Collide by Janice Thompson (Review)


  • Paperback: 324 pages

  • Publisher: Revell (January 1, 2011)

  • ISBN-13: 978-0800733452

  • About the book:
    Kat Jennings and Scott Murphy don't just play two people who are secretly in love on a television sitcom--they are also head over heels for each other in real life. When the lines between reality and TV land blur, they hope they can keep their relationship under wraps. But when Kat's grandmother, an aging Hollywood starlet with a penchant for wearing elaborate evening gowns from Golden Age movies, mistakes their on-screen wedding proposal for the real deal, things begin to spiral out of their control. Will their secret be front-page news in the tabloids tomorrow? And can their budding romance survive the onslaught of paparazzi, wedding preparations, and misinformed in-laws?

    From the sound stage to a Beverly Hills mansion to the gleaming Pacific Ocean, Stars Collide takes readers on a roller-coaster tour of Tinseltown, packing both comedic punch and tender emotion.

    My Review:
    Stars Collide is a really cute funny Christian fiction book. I loved how each chapter has a unique heading. Kat's grandmother is a hoot even though she has the beginnings of Alzheimer's. Kat is a wonderful granddaughter in how she takes care of her and treats her with great respect even when she is not happy with her actions. I liked how Kat and Scott interact and their dialogue. All of the characters were interesting and the plot unique. The book flew by and I enjoyed reading it. It is the beginning of a new series called Backstage Pass. Kat and Scott are stars in a hit TV show so we get an insider look at the set and their lives. I look forward to reading the next book in the series. Recommended. :)




    Available January 2011 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

    Thank you Donna at Revell for my review copy.

    2 comments:

    Janice said...

    Thank you so much for the sweet review. I'm glad you enjoyed the book!

    Unknown said...

    I just started this one last night, so my review will be up later this week. It's really fun! Great review!

    Classics Club Spin 18

    My Classics Club Spin List for August This is a hodgepodge of books left on my list I made in 2017 for the Classics Club. Tomorrow the clu...