Sunday, January 2, 2011

Forgotten Treasures Challenge 2011

 
January 1, 2011-December 31, 2011

This challenge is hosted by retroredux.

I am signing up for level one which is to read three books 25+ years or older. This fits in with my other goal to read more classics. :)
 
This challenge, for me, ties in with my other two challenges- Public Domain Challenge and The Buck Stops Here Challenge. Whether it's a free public Domain book, or perhaps a fun and funky looking old 70's Gothic I picked up for a quarter at the Goodwill-I have a deep respect for older books.


The stories are great, and it's interesting to research a older book or author after you find and read a "forgotten treasure". That 50's author you have never heard of might just have been the Grisham or King of their time, and deserve to be read again in modern day.  Whether it's a hundred year old classic or a 40 year old novel-older books are well worth reading.


The goal of this challenge is to read and review (or just share a few thoughts on the book) books that are 25 years old or older.  Please join me for this challenge. Let's discover some buried book treasures together.


The Rules:


Open to all-bloggers and non bloggers alike.


Open to all books-bought, loaned or ones you already own. The only rule is on AGE. The books printing date must be at least 25 years old- 1986 or older please


Level one- read 3 books 25+ years old or older


Level two-read 7 books  25+ years old or older


Bonus* Level three-read 25 books  25+ years old or older


(all those who complete Level three will receive a nifty "Vintage Book Fan" award to post on their blog)

No comments:

Classics Club Spin 18

My Classics Club Spin List for August This is a hodgepodge of books left on my list I made in 2017 for the Classics Club. Tomorrow the clu...