Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Fall Into Reading 2010 Wrap Up Post

This challenge really flew by this year. Katrina was a wonderful hostess again. I look forward to doing the Spring Reading Challenge. :)

Link to my original list.
http://abookloverforever.blogspot.com/2010/09/fall-into-reading-2010-my-list.html
What I actually read:
208. A Very Private Grave by Donna Fletcher Crow
209. Listen by Rene Gutteridge
210. Love, Charleston by Beth Webb Hart
211. A Memory Between Us by Sarah Sundin
212. Judgment Day by Wanda Dyson
213. The Mayan Apocalypse by Mark Hitchock and Alton Gansky
October
214. Goodness Gracious Green by Judy Christie
215. The House on Malcolm Street by Leisha Kelly
216. The Wife's Tale by Lori Lansens
217. Within My Heart by Tamara Alexander
218. Dark Road to Darjeeling by Deanna Raybourn
219. While We're Far Apart by Lynn Austin
220. Don't Look Back by Lynette Eason
221. Emily's Chance by Sharon Gillenwater
222. Lydia's Charm by Wanda Brunstetter
223. Heaven to Betsy by Maud Hart Lovelace
224. Betsy In Spite of Herself by Maud Hart Lovelace
225. Betsy Was a Junior by Maud Hart Lovelace
226. Betsy and Joe by Maud Hart Lovelace
November
227. Betsy and the Great World by Maud Hart Lovelace
228. This Time for Keeps by Jenna Mills
229. The Portrait by Hazel Statham
230. Calling the Shots by Ellen Hartman
231. The Silent Order by Melanie Dobson
232. Gingerbread Cookie Murder by Joanne Fluke
233. The Lightkeeper's Bride by Colleen Coble
234. Divine Appointments by Charlene Baumbich
235. Betsy's Wedding by Maud Hart Lovelace
236. Love Finds You in Charm, Ohio by Annalisa Daughtry
237. An Honest Love by Kathleen Fuller
238. Anna's Return by Marta Perry
239. Winter's Awakening by Shelley Shepard Gray
240. Plain Paradise by Beth Wiseman
241. Emily of Deep Valley by Maud Hart Lovelace
242. The Mischief of the Mistletoe by Lauren Willig
December
243. I'll Be Home for Christmas by Julie Cannon
244. Dining with Joy by Rachel Hauck
245. Two Tickets to the Christmas Ball by Donita Paul
246. Holiday Havoc by Terri Reed and Stephanie Newton
247. Yuletide Cowboy by Debra Clopton
248. Mistletoe Prayers by Marta Perry and Betsy St. Amant
249. Winter Reunion by Roxanne Rustand

Did you finish reading all the books on your fall reading list? If not, why not?
No, I fell into a reading slump and I lost interest in reading some of them. I read 41 total books.

Did you stick to your original goals or did you change your list as you went along?
I changed my list as I went along.

What was your favorite book that you read this fall? Least favorite? Why?
My favorites include The Silent Order by Melanie Dobson and Emily of Deep Valley by Maud Hart Lovelace. My least favorites were Gingerbread Cookie Murder by Joanne Fluke and Dark Road to Dareeling by Deanna Raybourn.

Did you discover a new author or genre this fall? Did you love them? Not love them?
Melanie Dobson was a new author for me and I loved her book.

Did you learn something new because of Fall Into Reading 2010 – something about reading, about yourself, or about a topic you read about?
I confirmed that novellas are not my favorite. I like more development in the story.

What was your favorite thing about the challenge?
I love the weekly questions even though I did not participate in all of them.


Thank you Katrina at Callapidder Days.
http://callapidderdays.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! 41 AND you were in a reading slump. And to think I was happy completing 7 books. :) You have several on your list that are on my TBR list. A Memory Between Us, While We're Far Apart, Dark Road to Darjeeling, The Lightkeeper's Bride, The House of Malcolm Street. Any I should move to the top of my list or remove from it alltogether? I know you didn't like Darjeeling. Any particular reason?

Classics Club Spin 18

My Classics Club Spin List for August This is a hodgepodge of books left on my list I made in 2017 for the Classics Club. Tomorrow the clu...