Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Sunday Salon October 17, 2010

The Sunday Salon.com


* I had a very eventful week last week.

* Wednesday night I went to the state fair with my sister, Dad, Uncle Michael, and cousin Rebecca (7).

* Thursday I went to the huge flea market with my Mom, and later my Dad and sister.

* Friday morning I left to go to New Orleans with my Dad and sister. We went to the Aquarium, I Max theatre, a Riverboat trip, walked around a lot, rode on a trolley car, and ate beignets at Cafe Du Monde.

* I had a very fun week and hope next week goes okay since it will probably be quite regular. lol

* I am still in a perfectly horrid reading slump. I did manage to finish a book this weekend. I feel like screaming Yippee!

* Tonight I went to the local park and walked three miles and got on the swings for a while. For a little bit I felt like the girl I was ten years ago. It was twilight and the weather was nice. I saw the sky through the beautiful trees. I miss parts of that girl but am grateful for the stuff I have learned. I do not like all aspects of who I am today but I have learned a few things through the years.

* I am gaining fat back in my stomach area so I need to change up my workout routine and start working harder on my eating habits. I do not exactly eat very healthy. Losing seventeen pounds is what I am most proud of myself for this year and I really want to keep it off.

* I hope everyone has a great week and lots of reading time. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Brittanie, I have been in a reading slump too so you are not alone! It can be so frustrating!

And congrats on losing 17lbs this year, that is awesome! I am trying to walk twice a day and get better about my eating habits...unfortunately that got blown this weekend. Oh well, this is a new week, right? :)

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I went through a reading slump for a little while in September and I never go through a reading slump.

It always feels good to get back on the horse.

Classics Club Spin 18

My Classics Club Spin List for August This is a hodgepodge of books left on my list I made in 2017 for the Classics Club. Tomorrow the clu...