Thursday, July 15, 2010

Touching the Clouds by Bonnie Leon (Review)


Paperback: 364 pages
Publisher: Revell (July 1, 2010)
Language: English
ISBN-13: 978-0800733599


About the book:


Kate Evans is an adventurous and independent young woman with a pioneering spirit. She pilots a mail-delivery plane in the forbidding Alaskan wilderness, the lone woman in a male profession. But even that seems easy compared to finding true love. She likes a fellow pilot and would even consider marrying him--if it weren't for Paul, a mysterious man on her mail route with a gentle spirit and a past to hide. Can Kate break through the walls Paul has put up around his heart? And will her quest for adventure be her demise? Book 1 in the Alaskan Skies series, Touching the Clouds will draw readers in with raw emotion and suspense, all against the stunning backdrop of the Alaskan wilds.


My Review:
I really liked this book. I was sad when it ended. I wanted to spend more time with the characters so I am glad it is a series. The author did a good job making you feel like you were really in Alaska. This book is set in the 1930s and is a Christian fiction historical book. The plot and characters are great and held my attention from page one. Highly Recommended.





Available July 2010 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

Thank you Donna at Baker/Revell for my review copy.

1 comment:

Bonnie Leon said...

Brittaine,

Music to my ears -- "I was sad it ended". It's wonderful to know a story has caught a reader in such a way that the long to remain with the charaters. :-)

Book two is at the publishing house now and I'm working on book three. I promise you a fabulous ending!

Thank you for the good review.

Grace and peace to you,

Bonnie

www.bonnieleon.com

Classics Club Spin 18

My Classics Club Spin List for August This is a hodgepodge of books left on my list I made in 2017 for the Classics Club. Tomorrow the clu...