Sunday, May 9, 2010

Sunday Salon May 9, 2010

The Sunday Salon.com

* We had a busy weekend. Friday night my sister and I went out to eat at Pie works, pizza by design. We love that place. Saturday we had a craw fish boil at my Mother and Stepfather's house for Mother's Day. Sunday night we went to a fish place for our Mother's day celebration on my father's side. While all this was going on I ran my usual errands. The last load of laundry is in the dryer right now. :)

* I read three books this weekend though not the Persephone one I was planning on this week. I failed that challenge. Ick.

* I received the Persephone book The Shuttle by Frances Hodgson Burnett this week. I ordered it off Amazon. It is the grey version but my problem is its abridged and I had no idea. I am a little book purist. I do not like abridged anything. What do y'all do? Do you read abridged books?

* I hope everyone has a great week and find lots of reading time.

1 comment:

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I read Les Miserables this weekend and it was abridged. And translated. Very bad translation. Not so great abridgement.

Classics Club Spin 18

My Classics Club Spin List for August This is a hodgepodge of books left on my list I made in 2017 for the Classics Club. Tomorrow the clu...