Sunday, January 31, 2010

Jane of Lantern Hill by L. M. Montgomery (Review)



Book Summary:
For as long as she could remember, Jane Victoria Stuart and her mother, Robin, lived with her grandmother in a dreary mansion in Toronto. Jane always believed her father was dead--until she accidentally learned he was alive and well and living on Prince Edward Island. When Jane spends the summer at his cottage on Lantern Hill, doing all the wonderful things Grandmother deems unladylike, she dares to dream that there could be such a house back in Toronto...a house where she, Mother, and Father could live together without Grandmother directing their lives--a house that could be called home.


My Review:
I have read most of L. M. Montgomery's fiction works and at least liked all of them. My favorite of course is the Anne of Green Gables series. I think this is the last of her full length works I have not read. :(

Anyway what I loved about this book are the vivid descriptions. I felt like I was really in Canada. First in grandmother's dreary house and then in the wonderful PEI. The characters and plot are new and interesting. It flows well and is well written. The whole book was just lovely. One of my favorite reads for January. Definitely Recommended. :)

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I'm glad to know that you liked it so much and got to read a book that you had never read before. That's awesome!

Thanks for linking up and for playing!

Tonia said...

It was my first time reading Jane of Lantern Hill as well. I loved it! It was neat to see Jane grow into herself.

Classics Club Spin 18

My Classics Club Spin List for August This is a hodgepodge of books left on my list I made in 2017 for the Classics Club. Tomorrow the clu...