Sunday, August 2, 2009

June Bug by Chris Fabry




Paperback: 336 pages
Publisher: Tyndale House Publishers (July 9, 2009) ISBN-13: 978-1414319568



June Bug believed everything her daddy told her. That is, until she walked into Wal-Mart and saw her face on a list of missing children. The discovery begins a quest for the truth about her father, the mother he rarely speaks about, and ultimately herself. A modern interpretation of Les Miserables, the story follows a dilapidated RV rambling cross-country with June Bug and her father, a man running from a haunted past. Forces beyond their control draw them back to Dogwood, West Virginia, down a winding path that will change their lives forever.





My Review:

June Bug is such a cute little girl character. I am probably one of the few people in world who is not familiar with Les Miserables. That said I did not get any of the similarities to the classic book. Overall I did enjoy June Bug. It is a great story with interesting characters and good plot development.
It is mostly told from June Bug's view but also her "Father" and Shelia (the woman they meet at Wal-Mart) too. June Bug is a touching in part heart wrenching story of a little girl journey to figure out who she really is and her "father" journey back home to Dogwood to face his past. I loved Dogwood his debut fiction novel and recommend this book as well.

No comments:

Classics Club Spin 18

My Classics Club Spin List for August This is a hodgepodge of books left on my list I made in 2017 for the Classics Club. Tomorrow the clu...