Saturday, July 11, 2009

Faith 'n Fiction Saturday

From My Friend Amy:
http://www.myfriendamysblog.com/
We're at the halfway point in the year and we've read a bunch of great books (hopefully) so far. Today I'm going to ask you to do something very difficult...and pick your favorite! The book you choose should be fiction, should be published for the Christian marketplace, and must have been published in 2009. Please tell us why it's your favorite and who else might enjoy it. If you reviewed it, feel free to include a link to your review!

Brittanie:
One of my favorites this year is The Moment Between by Nicole Baart.

From my original review:
Wow is all I can say. This is the best book I have read all year even with the difficult and not pleasant subject matter of mental illness as part of the plot. It is well written with beautiful, powerful, lyrical prose on every page. Instead of being told chronologically it is told using three time frames intertwined. Abby's childhood, present, and flashbacks. I was never lost. I read it in two days only because I started it late in the night and I had to go to work the next day otherwise it would have been one sitting. :) Catholicism is in the book some but is not overwhelming and works well. I highly recommend this book. You do not want to miss out on this book especially if you are a fan of contemporary and/or literary fiction. :)

The link to my review with summary and first chapter:
http://abookloverforever.blogspot.com/2009/05/moment-between-by-nicole-baart.html

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I haven't read this one yet but have heard lots of good things about this one. Thanks for sharing.

Happy reading!

Classics Club Spin 18

My Classics Club Spin List for August This is a hodgepodge of books left on my list I made in 2017 for the Classics Club. Tomorrow the clu...