Thursday, January 1, 2009

Decades Challenge 2008 Finished List



1880s - Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson (DONE)
1890s - The Red Badge of Courage by Stephen Crane


1900- Chamber Music by James Joyce (Poetry)(DONE)
1910 - Kilmeny of the Orchard by L. M. Montgomery (DONE)
1920 - The Curious Case of Benjamin Button by F. Scott Fitzgerald (Short Story)(DONE)
1930 - Caddie Woodlawn by Carol Brink (DONE)
1940 - "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" by Betty Smith (DONE)
1950 - "Bath Tangle" by Georgette Heyer (DONE)
1960 - The Chosen by Chaim Potok (DONE)
1970 - "84 Charing Cross Road" by Helene Hanff (DONE)


I finished my 8 decades so I completed the challenge. I was going for ten but last night got away from me and I have about 15 pages left in The Red Badge of Courage. The book kept putting me to sleep and I am not sure why it is considered a classic. I do not remember ever hearing about it in school. My two favorites off my list are A Tree Grows in Brooklyn and 84 Charing Cross Road. I am going to sign up for the 2009 challenge. It has definitely helped me read books I would not have otherwise read.

No comments:

Classics Club Spin 18

My Classics Club Spin List for August This is a hodgepodge of books left on my list I made in 2017 for the Classics Club. Tomorrow the clu...