Sunday, October 5, 2008

Sunday Salon October 5,2008

The Sunday Salon.com

* Today I read Bon Appetit by Sandra Byrd. It is book two in the series. I loved it. It is just as good as book one which was great too. Book one is called Let Them Eat Cake. Yum! I can't wait for book three to come out next Fall. Sandra always leaves a cliff hanger...

* I also read part of Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. I am reading it for the Classics Challenge and 5 Minutes for books classics reading challenge. I hope I finish in time to post Tuesday.

* So far it is good but I forgot how long it takes me to read older books. I already know the basic plot line which is good. I miss having an English teacher. :) I always loved the literature units we did. I took Accelerated English grades 6-12 so we read lots of books including classics. I had excellent teachers too.

* Up next I need to finish Constant Heart by Siri Mitchell and Hometown Favorite by Bill Barton and

1 comment:

Bookfool said...

I love Jane Eyre. Since I never really had much assigned literature in school, I had to muddle through without ever having an English teacher point things out (except in World Lit and, honestly, I was too busy ogling the gorgeous football-coach teacher to get much out of that one). There have been times I've wished someone would explain a thing or two. I know where you're coming from!

Classics Club Spin 18

My Classics Club Spin List for August This is a hodgepodge of books left on my list I made in 2017 for the Classics Club. Tomorrow the clu...