Monday, August 11, 2008

Late(Again) Sunday Salon August 10, 2008

The Sunday Salon.com
* I read 1 and most of a second book today. I finished the second at 12:30 Monday morning.
* The book I read completely Sunday is Key Lime Pie Murder (A Hannah Swenson Mystery) by Joanne Fluke.
* The book I finished at 12:30 A.M. is Messenger of Truth: A Maisie Dobbs Novel by Jacqueline Winspear
* I liked both books but there were a few things that bothered me too.
* In Key Lime Pie Murder what bothered me the most was the fact that it is okay to lie as long as you get what you need. The leading on of 2 men and cussing did not help.
* In Messenger of Truth what bothered me is meditation scene where she meditates and meets a dying little girl. In previous books hints are made as to her buddhist training.
*Otherwise both are good mystery novels with unique characters, setting, and mysteries.
* I will probably read the next Hannah Swenson mystery and maybe the next Maisie Dobbs mystery.

No comments:

Classics Club Spin 18

My Classics Club Spin List for August This is a hodgepodge of books left on my list I made in 2017 for the Classics Club. Tomorrow the clu...